|Lockheed Martin Advanced Technology Laboratories (ATL) is the Corporation's advanced-computing, applied research and development facility. We report to the Corporation through the Corporate Engineering and Technology (CE&T) office.
Eighty percent of ATL employees are engineering professionals with advanced degrees in computer science, electrical engineering, physics, mathematics, and psychology. All our employees are part academician, part researcher and part entrepreneur, and we strive to develop new technologies, work with our academic partners, and transition our technologies to other Lockheed Martin companies and customers.
Advanced-computing and information technologies span many challenging functional domains. To effectively attack these diverse challenges, we are physically organized as five laboratories:
To help us focus on scientific innovations, we also have an Advance Programs group. Our Advanced Programs group collects ATL's Research and Development activities and prepares them for transition to other Lockheed Martin organizations.
- Advanced Concepts Laboratory Develops and applies demonstrable prototypes for early deployment of new technology.
- Applied Sciences Develops and applies integrated, interoperable, fault-tolerant, open-system software to real-time, distributed systems.
- Informatics Develops and applies intelligent systems technologies and human-system integration to distributed information management, knowledge management, and collaboration problems in intelligence (INTEL) and Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Intelligence (C4I).
- Intelligent Robotics Develops and applies intelligent robotics technologies to real-time systems for military platforms.
- Spectrum Systems Develops, applies, and integrates technologies for spectrum usage, management and control across various media, including radio frequencies, acoustics and photonics
We employ 240 personnel, of whom 80 percent are engineering professionals with advanced degrees in computer science, electrical engineering, physics, mathematics, and psychology. All our employees are part academician, part researcher and part entrepreneur, and we strive to develop new technologies, work with our academic partners, and transition our technologies to other Lockheed Martin companies and customers.
We have locations in Cherry Hill, N.J., Westlake Village, Calif., Kennesaw, Ga., Eagan, Minn., and Arlington, Va.
We occupy more than 103,954 square feet at our Cherry Hill facility at 3 Executive Campus, with more than 70,000 square feet of conference rooms and open and closed offices for technical, management, support and administrative staff. The facility also contains more than 15,000 square feet dedicated to 20 different laboratory areas.
We occupy an 18,600 square feet facility at 4301 N. Fairfax Drive, Suite 500, Arlington, VA. This facility is occupied by a variety of laboratory spaces, conference rooms, and open and closed offices for technical, management, support and administrative staff. It also includes a 3,611 square foot vault with six laboratories and a conference room.
We also occupy more than 8,100 square feet in Eagan, MN. This facility includes offices space and six laboratories.